Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Surprise!

For the last two months, I have been secretly plotting & planning my mom's surprise party. With a little help from her friends, I was able to pull off a great party! It was hard sneaking around & lying/misleading my mom for 2 months, but it was soooo worth it to see her face when she walked into the party! She was completely shocked!! She told me it was the best birthday ever...that makes me so happy!

The invites! I saw these when I was looking for my wedding invitations last year & KNEW I had to use them for something. They worked perfectly for my mom's party!

My mom's dining area. The picture is a little blurry, but I love the way it looks.


The entrance to her kitchen & living room. I loved the hula girl yard sign so much I stuck her on the wall!! Cute, right?


For the food table, Dustan & I got creative! Dustan & I dipped strawberries in chocolate & made fruit kabobs to stick in a pineapple the night before my mom's party. We ordered sandwiches from Subway. I used straw hats as a chip & dip holder! You can't really see them, but the hats have little coconuts holding the dip.


You can kind of see the kabobs & candy display in this picture. I didn't really get good shots of the food. I was so nervous waiting for my mom!!


I just LOVED the table top tiki torches! I was able to find flameless candles to replace the candles [to be safe!] and used the deck fringe to line my mom's bar area.


Cake & cupcakes!! I wanted to order my mom a super fancy luau cake, but after speaking with several cake places...I decided to just keep it simple. Most places didn't understand what I wanted, so I figured I would keep it simple to avoid disappointment. Leave it to HEB to screw up a simple order!! We wanted a two tier cake in purple. They gave us a blob. Luckily, I ordered the cupcakes as well & we were able to dress up the purple blob with flowers...so it wasn't a total loss! Plus, we got the cake for free b/c they screwed up. I guess all is well that ends well, right?


The cake area. So festive & pretty!! I'm really happy with the way it all worked out.


Another cake picture...we were using both cameras to take pics.


My mom's dining table. I bought the laterns at Big Lots. They were sooo cute, but the lights went out within an hour. I guess that's what you get when you buy from Big Lots! I love the little octopus. He's totally going in my pool. =)


The pretty food table. I love decorating for parties!!


Another picture of the food table. I think it looked sooo cute! I was very excited that everything fit together on the table. I was worried it wouldn't fit!


I snapped a few quick pictures while waiting on my mom.


Everything looked sooo good!


Party people in position!


SURPRISE!!! My mom was so shocked...I wish I had a better picture! Stupid camera...blah. Now that I think about it, I should have had her on video!! I didn't even THINK about it. I was so busy trying to get everything ready & make sure the party was a surprise!


I found this at Big Lots! Sooo true! =)


The bar area.


All the pretty balloons & decor...soo much fun!


Dustan played bartender all night! He did an excellent job.


Lighting the birthday candles for my mom to blow out...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU!


My hubby was such a big help. I would not have been able to do this without him!! Thank you, Duzzie. You're a great husband and an even better son-in-law!



THANK YOU soooo much to everyone involved!! I really appreciate it! My mom had an excellent time and that means sooo much to me. If anyone has additional pictures from the party, please notify me. I'm going to put together a photo album for my mom. Thanks again!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment