Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weekend landscaping project!

Over the weekend, my hubby & I started a project in the yard. The incredibly harsh winter killed off a majority of my landscaping and left several of my flower beds looking pretty rough. The area on the side of my house has always been a problem. The gardenias I originally planted there died out within the first year. I never got around to planting anything in their place b/c I got so busy with everything else. I finally got motivated to landscape that area over the weekend! I am very happy with the results. I can't wait to get back from Russia so I can continue landscaping my yard!! I LOVE working in my yard. It gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. Anyways, here are a few before & after pics!!

Just to give you an idea, this is what the area look like when I bought my house in April of 2007.



BEFORE:



AFTER:



We ripped out the old landscaping and took up the walkway:



Plant preview:



The plants are in & the walkway is prepped:



I mulched & finished the bed and put the flagstone in position:



All done!! One bed down, about ten to go!:



The area is not 100% complete. I still need to decide what I'd like to plant on either side of my garage, but that will have to wait. I need to figure out what direction I want to go on the other side of my house by my fish pond before I can select a pair of plants for the front of my garage. It's so hard to figure out what will look best! For now, I am just going to enjoy my [almost] finished project.

XOXO

2 comments: