Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NYC

Sooo, I made decision to extend my lease in NYC another 6 months. Initially, I didn't expect to stay in NYC longer than a year, but it's just so hard for me to let go! When my lease is up this round, I'll have been in NYC a total of 3 years. Well, not technically b/c I always travel around...but you know what I mean! All my life, my biggest dream/goal was to move to NYC. I cannot express what it meant to me that I actually moved to NYC and was able to 'make it' there. I've always heard, 'If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere' about NYC. Well, I made it!! That's not only a HUGE personal achievement, but also a widely recognized accomplishment. I love correcting people when they ask me where I live. They always assume I must live in Queens or Brooklyn...NO! I live IN Manhattan!! I did what so few can actually do...I was able to get my own place right in Manhattan! I did it all by myself!! I saved & managed my money the right way & I was able to put myself up in a tiny penthouse apartment in midtown Manhattan. How can I give that up now? Besides my obvious attachment to the apartment, it's a pretty good source of income. When I am not in town, I lease my place out. I generally get more than I have to pay, so it's all profit in my pocket! What I intend to do for the next 6 months is keep the place rented out. Whenever I don't have tenants, or I feel like spending time in NY, I'll use the apartment myself. When it came down to it, I wasn't ready to let go. I love my apartment. It's one of the nicer places in Manhattan [in my price range] and it's hard to give it up b/c I doubt I'll come across another place like it! Everyone that sees my place is always shocked at how amazing it is. I love that feeling! Also, I wasn't ready to get rid of my stuff. I worked hard to decorate my place and I LOVE how it turned out! Moving everything to TX is expensive and exhausting. I'll have to sell my stuff or give it away when it's time to move. I wasn't ready to part with my cute stuff yet! No matter what, I will not renew the lease at the end of the 6 months. This will be my last 6 months in NYC! I plan to sit back & enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment