Here's the how-to:
You will need four 8 or 9" round cake pans and two foil tart pans or two large round metal cookie cutters. I couldn't find a round metal cookie cutter, so I improvised with the tart pans & it worked pretty well! I used a box of white cake mix and a box of red velvet cake mix. I used a quarter of the white cake batter to mix in 2 mini bottles of blue liquid food coloring.
I poured the blue cake batter in the cake pans around the foil pans. I filled one middle tin with white cake batter & the other middle tin with red velvet, and then used the remainder of the white & red velvet cake batter [separately] in the other round baking pans. I didn't know how long the cakes would take to cook, so I just watched them carefully.
After I let them cool, I just stacked them up accordingly! Blue with white, blue with red, white & red! I iced the cake stack with white icing while Dustan cut little red & blue stars out of fondant. I stuck the stars on and doodled little glitter swirls next to them.
Cut out a piece of cake & enjoy!
That's pretty much it!! Isn't it adorable?? It's the perfect 4th of July treat!!
Wow, that is quite impressive! I would love a piece, but unfortunately for me, I have a fractured tooth right now. :0(
ReplyDelete