First, you just need a wire hanger. Munipulate the hanger in different ways until you have something that closely resembles a circle. You will need several spools of ribbon. For some reason, I didn't take pictures of the ribbon or remember to count out how many spools I used, but I know it took quite a bit of ribbon to go around the hanger. You should be safe with 5 spools of normal ribbon. I used a lot of the decorative holiday ribbon, so it took more spools b/c there's less ribbon on each spool. Cut the ribbon into sections. You can tie the ribbon on the hanger to determine the desired length. Then, you just tie on the pieces of ribbon around the hanger until it's full! I tied my ribbon in double knots to hide the hanger better. I should have cut my ribbon shorter, but I wanted a messy look. I think next time I do a ribbon wreath, I'll make the ribbon much shorter. Anyways, it's an easy way to decorate for the holidays!
The best wire hanger circle I could manage & the first ribbon that I tied on:
The finished product:
I used a candle to hold the wreath in place on my table:
I used the left over ribbon to make a quickie holiday frame & fill the dollar store hurricane glasses that I found/made. [I used two cylinder vases & two glass candle sticks to design the hurricane glasses. I saw the idea online!]:
Happy 4th of July!! The entire display:
No comments:
Post a Comment