Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cookie Bouquet!

I made my hubby a cookie bouquet for our anniversary. It's hard to believe we've been married a year already!!

The start of my cookie bouquet:


I rolled out the sugar cookies & used a flower shaped cookie cutter. Then, I used a wooden skewer to stick in the cookie. It was the only way I could come up with to get the cookies to stand up in the pot! We went back & forth a bit about putting wood in the oven, but we did...and it turned out fine!


We took a cake decorating class last month, so I figured I would put my new tools & knowledge to good use.


The end result! I wrapped a few leaves around the skewers with floral tape & used smashed up Oreo cookies as dirt.


BTW: 143 is numerical for 'I love you' and I use it with my hubby often. I had to explain what it meant to my mom, so I figured I would explain it to everyone!


The hardest part was transporting the cookie bouquet to my hubby's office. I had to hold it the whole way & hope nothing happened to it! Luckily, the delivery was a success. I love leaving little surprises for him in his office. He's always so appreciative! [someone had a nibble. lol!]



Cookie [and candy] bouquets are super easy & fun to make. They're a great gift!! My hubby loved his cookies. Plus, it's super cheap to make!! The entire project cost me less than $10. Shhhh! Don't tell anybody. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment