Our very first stop on the 12 day trip was Singapore. I've always heard how clean & modern Singapore was supposed to be, but we were not impressed. In my opinion, Tokyo was much cleaner & a bit more modern. Singapore was definitely clean, but they were not as clean as I expected. There were a lot of rules to help keep Singapore clean...no spitting, no littering, no chewing gum, etc. The metro system was very clean & easy to figure out. When the train was arriving, they would play a little song..."The train is coming, the train is coming!" It was definitely catchy! The food in Singapore was pretty good. They had lots to choose from...everything from American to African food. Singapore had TONS of shopping. There were so many malls all right next to one another. I really enjoyed shopping in Singapore because the malls were segregated; a mall for the luxury goods, a mall for regular stores, and a kid's mall. If you went to shop at the luxury center, you were around others shopping for luxury goods. If you had kids, you could shop at the kid's mall & be around other parents with kids. It's a pretty good system. By far, the best part of Singapore was the airport. I have never been to such an amazing airport!! They had EVERYTHING. They had a movie theater, a butterfly garden, a sunflower garden, koi ponds inside the terminals, a swimming pool & attached hotel, a health spa for massages, a hair & nail salon, video games for kids & internet access. Almost everything was free! It was absolutely amazing. I could have just stayed at the airport the entire trip!! We probably won't visit Singapore again, but I would love to connect thru the airport when we travel to other Asian countries. We still have a lot of countries to see, so it's a possibility!
Arrival at the airport:

Tour info:

Hard Rock Cafe:

The butterfly garden at Singapore airport:


The airport pool:

The sunflower garden:


The pretty koi ponds in the terminals:

No comments:
Post a Comment