We arrived in Hong Kong after sunset & only had 4 hours to explore the city before catching a flight back to the states. We had not planned on touring Hong Kong, but after seeing the beautiful skyline on the plane ride into the city, I knew I had to view it from ground level. We rushed off the plane & caught an express train to the city center. The train only took about 25 minutes each way. At 8pm, there was a light show. All the buildings along the water had spotlights or some sort of light display. It was kind of neat, but nothing spectacular. I loved the tall buildings & bright lights of Hong Kong. I'm a city girl at heart. Of all the cities I have visited, I would rate Hong Kong #3. New York City will always be #1 in my book...it's been near & dear to my heart since I was a kid & I still have my apartment there, so I have a special connection to NYC. Tokyo, Japan is #2 at this point, but that's only b/c I had more time to explore Tokyo. Hong Kong could very well become my #2 favorite city destination of all time...we'll have to see! I'm planning another visit VERY soon. I can't wait to explore more of Hong Kong!
The view from above:
Hong Kong provided a free website to visitors with information about the city, city maps & tour suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment